Today, A Straight Up Fence Company in Denver covers the benefits of installing a wrought iron fence. Even if it’s not currently on your short list, perhaps these will change your mind.
And if you decide to go with wrought iron, get in touch with us. We can customize your fence, provide a coordinating gate, handrails and more. We’ll also match your taste and the style of your home, then get everything installed for you.
So, let’s get to the list of reasons why installing a wrought iron fence might be right for you:
- Due to its strength, a wrought iron fence is great for security. It’s great for keeping kids and pets safe, particularly if you choose a style with close bars to keep them from slipping through the spaces. It also works well as a safety fence around swimming pools. Additionally, it will keep out intruders, particularly if you choose a tall style, with close bars, and pointed tips at the top.
- Wrought-iron is incredibly strong and durable. It is even known in the industry as “100-year fencing” because it really does hold up over many decades. Its strength allows it to resist bending or even denting.
- Though it will rust eventually, it can be painted for additional protection. Depending on the paint used, wrought iron may not need to be repainted for up to 10 years.
- Wrought iron, which is mixed with slag, has a greater resistance to rust than pure iron.
- Installing a wrought iron fence is an eco-friendly option because of its ability to last for decades. The material can also be reused (vintage and antique stores love wrought iron) and even recycled at the end of its very long life for scrap metal.
- Wrought iron can be repaired without needing to replace an entire fence by replacing a small or large section.
- Wrought iron is worked using an artisanal metal fabrication process. The iron is forged and worked (this is where “wrought” comes from) with special tools to produce its wonderful designs and distinctive appearance. Though this quality and workmanship do require more of an investment than a material like vinyl, the final look is priceless.
- Wrought iron is available in such a wide range of styles, it can compliment any home or business décor—traditional, modern, formal, or casual.
- Wrought iron, paired with an iron gate, allows for stylish fencing that maintains any beautiful views and doesn’t block light. Because of its stylish look, wrought iron can actually increase your property’s value and add to its general curb appeal.
- Because of wrought iron’s properties, it can be shaped into a variety of beautiful and artistic designs while maintaining its functionality and strength.
Now that you know the benefits of installing a wrought iron fence, come see us at A Straight Up Fence Company in Denver for custom ironwork and professional installation.